I have revised my blog template to reflect my winner status for NaNoWriMo 2022, but more importantly, I updated my word count goal and current word count in the meter I have in my sidebar. I'm going for a novel of at least 90,000 words, so that's my minimum word count, although I wouldn't mind if it's a little over.
I also stripped out thousands of words I wrote as a short story or backstory during the course of November, leaving me with 38,501 words. While it looks like I just lost a bunch of words, I had been counting some related writing for NaNoWriMo and now I'm just focusing on only the novel's word count. It's a much more reassuring word count, though, actually, because 50,000 was too far along in my word count goal for where I'm at in the story arc.
I have also created a new project for continuing Ruby Ransome rewrites on NaNoWriMo's website, which now allows you to track writing projects outside of NaNoWriMo, too. I'm pretty excited about this possibility, honestly, and interested in seeing how well it works to track my own personal writing projects. I do wish there was a widget I could add to my blog that would update with my current word count automagically, so I could just update in one place, but alas. There is not that feature, so I will have to update everything manually. Forgive me if I get behind on that.
Wish me luck as I continue working on this book. I wrote out a tentative schedule for myself for publishing next summer, and if that's going to work out, I need to finish the draft by sometime in January!
Post a Comment