There are going to be a lot of great things for writers going on at the con. Several of the authors whose panels I enjoyed last year will be there again, and there will be some repeats of panels, too (several of which I plan on attending anyway -- you never know what new material might come up).
Some of the things I am most interested in:
- Converting to eBooks and ePublishing - since e-publishing is my goal, I am interested in hearing what tips they might have
- The Secret Love Lives of Zombies - simply because it sounds fun
- Writer Beware: Scams and Schemes - I like to stay informed on this kind of stuff, but this is good information for my friends as well, who don't have the freelancing experience I have (and therefore the nose for such things)
- Self Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing - I went to this panel last year, and learned a lot from authors on both sides of the coin, so I plan on going again this year and seeing if they have anything new to say
- History of Weaponry and Warfare - a variation on something I missed part of last year, so this is a priority this year
- Series Building - to see if they have any tips that might help me with Ruby Ransome
- Writing Women of Impact - because it seems valuable
I'm really looking forward to spending an entire weekend talking and thinking about writing, and just plain geeking out with my friends!